Jeremy Wertman, 38, who was once affliated with a Bronx hospital, was found dead in a car inside a parking garage in Fordham Heights.
A Westchester dentist once affiliated with a Bronx hospital was found dead in a car — apparently killed by a prescription sedative linked to an IV, police sources said.
Jeremy Wertman, 38, of Edgement, was found dead in a 2009 Toyota Sienna inside a parking garage on E. 188th St. in Fordham Heights about 8 a.m. Tuesday.
He died at the scene.
First responders found an IV tube in the car going from a bag of medication to his foot, police sources said.
Inside the bag was the drug Propofol, a heavy sedative that King of Pop Michael Jackson was using before he died, officials said.
The city’s Medical Examiner was trying to determine if Wertman died from an overdose of the drug.
Wertman was affiliated with Montefiore Medical Center until last year, a hospital spokeswoman said.
“We are deeply saddened by the passing of Dr. Wertman, who was a resident in the Department of Dentistry at Montefiore,” the hospital said in a statement.
“We send our condolences to his family and friends at this difficult time.”
Attempts to reach Wertman’s family were unsuccessful.